The price of professional gutter cleaning can seem like a moving target sometimes. The range of prices can be attributed to time of year, other work the company may be doing, overall demand for gutter cleaning services and many other factors.
However, if your gutters are overflowing with debris it’s probably a good time to reach out to a professional and get your gutters and downspouts cleaned.
We recommend cleaning out your guttering at least twice a year (once in the Spring and again in the Fall). There are some circumstances in which you might even have to have your gutters cleaned more than twice a year such as having many trees surrounding your home that drop their leaves over an extended period of time.
Having your guttering cleaned out by a professional is a relatively low-priced way to make sure that when it rains, the rain is running off your roof properly and not damaging your home.
Water damage due to clogged guttering happens frequently so it is vitally important that your guttering is free to do its job. If you have the time, you can also read our post about the kinds of damage that can occur to your home due to clogged gutters.
So How Much Does Gutter Cleaning Cost?
The prices below would be representative of a professional gutter cleaning service. This means they carry insurance, have the proper equipment to maintain safety at all times, and have the experiences to do the job correctly. These prices do not include the Fly-By-Night Craigslist specials that you find as they are here today and gone tomorrow and never warranty their work.
- For a typical single story home of 1,500 square feet, cleaning can run between $135 and $210.
- For a two story home in the 2,500 square foot range the price goes up to $155 to $255 for a normal cleaning.
- A three story home or a two story home with a high reach (maybe in the rear of the house from ground level at a basement level to the gutter in addition to other lower roof areas) can range from $250 to $440 or more.
If you would like to receive a free personalized quote for your property then hop on over to our Get A Quote page and get started.
What ‘Extra Cost’ Items May You Have To Consider?
- Cleaning under screens or ‘gutter guards’ requires extra labor and can add as much as $100 to the price of your gutter cleaning.
- Clearing an obstruction in a downspout (like a branch or toy that has become wedged in the pipe) can also add $50 to $100 to the price plus any replacement parts or downspout sections.
- Length of time since your last gutter cleaning can really influence price when you consider that instead of scooping out leaves and twigs, the technician is pulling out grass and even small trees that may have grown!
- Larger square footage or unusual roof pitch homes can also cost more simply because of the amount of labor required.
And, What Should You Expect With A Professional Gutter Cleaning?
- First, gutters should always be cleaned by-hand and never with a leaf blower or pressure washer. Any company that says they clean gutters with either of these and that ‘they’ve never had a problem’ is simply not telling the truth. The high pressure of a leaf blower or pressure washer can damage your gutters, roof, wood fascia and more. These both also make an incredible mess that someone (usually the homeowner) has to clean up.
- Second, all gutters and downspouts should be flushed with water to check for proper flow and any obstructions.
- Third, all debris must be gathered, bagged and removed entirely from the home.
These three factors are a part of every gutter cleaning service provided by Clean Pro Gutter Cleaning. Every time. You will also find that our free online price quote gives you an immediate answer to your specific gutter cleaning quote.
You will find we are not the cheapest out there because we do not do cheap work. We provide the three elements of a professional gutter cleaning at a fair price and we stand behind our work with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
All prices for home services, like gutter cleaning, can be confusing. We hope that this has perhaps cleared up the “how much does gutter cleaning cost” question and that you will consider Clean Pro Gutter Cleaning for your next or on-going gutter cleaning needs.